Our mission 🎯
Anansi is on a mission to ensure that businesses have the right risk protection for their customers when things go wrong during the transit process. We have identified a $33B market that's ready for disruption - just 10% of shipments are currently insured - and are already gaining traction with some major players in the market. We're starting with Offcourse, an app providing automated cover for shipping losses and delays on Shopify. We've recently raised a £1.5M pre-seed round from a reputable VC and are building out our core team.
We're a remote-first company and are building a team that will be given the freedom and autonomy it needs to succeed. We stay connected, aligned and collaborate through our shared values.
- People first: We believe in taking care of the people, the products and the profits - in that order.
- Impact driven: You want to make a difference and care about how to make the biggest impact in our customers lives.
- Integrity: We want to make fair, justifiable decisions following best practice and always doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Flexibility: We are a remote-first company with family friendly work patterns within the core organisation.
- Inclusion: We want everyone in the company to know what’s going on in other departments and we are building a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Engineering @ Anansi 👩💻
- In addition to Offcourse, we're building a scalable, secure, transparent and reliable infrastructure for it and any future products.
- Our mission is to provide our customers with a fast, reliable service and the best analysis of the data.
- We’re excited about using state-of-the-art payment methods, and other technologies to ensure that our platform has close to zero downtime and excellent data security as it grows.
- Our team are a group of skilled people excited about Anansi’s vision, who can deliver quality software into production.
What you’ll do 👀
- Participate in the Tech strategy together with the CTO and the team and help build a delivery plan.
- Develop, deploy and maintain Python microservices, and services around external/internal APIs and other information sources
- Develop and maintain the Vue.js app. We are an app on the Shopify App Store at the moment, but we’re planning to expand to other platforms soon.
- Estimate work on a weekly basis and communicate with the team via Monday.com, Slack and Zoom.
- Work with a production system, utilising Agile processes such as: code review and CI/CD practices, unit testing and functional end-to-end testing.
Tech stack 💻
- Python/Django/Flask on the backend
- Vue.js on the frontend
- Gitlab for version control, CI/CD and project management
- AWS for all things data and servers
- Monday.com, Slack and Zoom for project management and communication
You should apply if ✅
- 1+ years of professional Software Engineering Experience
- Interested in working with Python
- Exposure to a front-end technology
- Understanding of software development good practices
- Excited to be part of a growing startup environment
- Curious learner with can-do attitude
- Good communication in English
- You live in Portugal, UK, Spain or Germany
- Please no agencies.
To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Anansi.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time! We can also only accept applications from candidates who are resident in the UK, Portugal, Spain and Germany at the moment.
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial interview with the Co-founder and CTO
- Technical interview with a couple of members of the team
- Final interview with the Co-founder and CEO
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
💰 Competitive salary (£30k - £65k)
📈 Stock options
🛀🏽 Self-care Friday
👨🎓 Learning culture